Link up and authenticate your social networks
Instagram, Facebook & Twitter Authentications - These authentications are crucial to using Photoboxx. You will need to authenticate Instagram with an Instagram Business Account. Authenticate Facebook and Instagram with the official accounts you want users to @mention in their posts. You can authenticate with any Twitter account as long as it is a PUBLIC account. This authorizes Photoboxx to search Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for posts with your specified hashtag or @mention. Need to create an Instagram Business Account, follow these instructions.
***The authenticated profile is not used for anything else other than to search for public posts and does not use any other data on your behalf. It is also important to note that if you plan to run multiple events at the same time, you will want to authenticate with different accounts.
1. Navigate to the Social Networks Page and click "Link New Instagram Business Account"
2. Authenticate through Facebook > Click "Connect with Facebook"
Because Instagram Business accounts are linked to a business Facebook page, users must login with their Facebook account. Facebook users must have a role of Admin, Editor, or Moderator on the Instagram Business Account's connected Facebook Page in order to authenticate properly.
3. Grant Access to Photoboxx through Facebook > Click OK
The facebook website should open up on a new page. (if not, please ensure your browser is not blocking popups) You may need to login first in order to grant access as well.
4. Choose the Instagram Business Account(s) you'd like to link to Photoboxx > Click OK
This Instagram Business account will allow Photoboxx to be able to gather posts where you have been @mentioned and search public content (#hashtags) on Instagram on your behalf.
Instagram Business Account Authentication is now done!
5. Link and authenticate with the Facebook account you want users to @mention in their posts.
6. Login to the Twitter account you would like to authentic with.
This can be ANY Twitter account, but it must be set to "public" in the privacy setting.
7. Choose to "allow" Photoboxx to use your authentication. ***The authenticated profile is not used for anything else other than to search for public posts and does not use any other data on your behalf. It is also important to note that if you plan to run multiple events at the same time, you will want to authenticate with different accounts.
8. The Twitter account will be authenticated and added to your account.
The social networks are authenticated on your Photoboxx account when you see the account profiles listed below each social network.