There are two MUST-HAVES for running Photoboxx at your event. A sufficient power source and a consistent, reliable Internet connection.
- A standard 120V wall outlet will power the Photoboxx properly.
- Generator requirements: 2000 Peak Watts + 700 Running Watts.
Photoboxx requires an internet connection in order to function properly. Please be sure to test and verify you have access to any or all possible options for an internet connection just in case
Option 1: Automatic 4G/LTE Connection (Only available for Photoboxx v6 or v7) - If you have a version 6 or version 7 Photoboxx (PBXX-6C-xxxx or PBXX-7C-xxxx) there is a built in 4G/LTE router that should automatically connect to internet once plugged in if there is a strong cellular signal in the area. However, if there is not good signal in the area, please have a backup plan for other internet options.
Option 2: Ethernet - (RECOMMENDED) - Plug in directly to Photoboxx. This is the MOST RELIABLE internet option.
- Secured WPA/WPA2/WPA3 wifi networks, personal hotspots, or mifi/hotspot devices are the MOST RELIABLE wireless network connection to use outside of a hard-wired ethernet connection. (i.e. Secure networks that ONLY require a password)
Noted WiFi Restrictions
- Any wireless network that requires a browser popup to consent or type in a username/password are currently NOT supported (i.e. hotels, coffee shop, etc)
- Photoboxx will NOT function properly if there is a firewall behind your network preventing it from reaching our cloud servers. You can work with your IT team to whitelist the Photoboxx device with a MAC address that we can provide for you.
- Open networks are NOT reliable and will NOT work consistently with the Photoboxx. Open networks that require a browser popup to consent or type in a password are currently NOT supported (i.e. hotels, coffee shop, etc)
- Only Photoboxxes with version B+ currently support 5GHz networks. You can find the version of your current device by navigating to the devices page. If you have a version that is not the B+ model, 5GHz networks will not show up on the "Choose Wifi Network" page of the mobile app.
- Photoboxx does not currently support WPA/WPA2/WPA3 Enterprise security networks. (i.e. networks that require BOTH a username and password)
What does the Photoboxx use the internet network connection for?
The Photoboxx needs an internet connection for 2 specific reasons.
- To ping our cloud API servers (https://api.photoboxx.me) at a constant interval in order to download any new images to print.
- To run a speed test (https://speedtest.net) in order to test internet speeds if triggered by the user.
If you have any other questions regarding internet or power requirements for the Photoboxx, please don't hesitate to contact our support team at email@example.com.